With the lifting of Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) and the imposition of the General Community Quarantine (GCQ), the following industries and business are not allowed to operate until further notice by the government:
- Gym studios and sports facilities
- Entertainment related mass gathering including but not limited to theatre, cinemas, concerts, festivals, carnivals, conventions, shows, pubs and bars
- Business-related mass gatherings including but not limited to trade shows, conferences, conventions, workshops and retreats
- Politically-related mass gatherings including but not limited to election rallies, polling centers, parades, speeches and parades
- Sports related mass gatherings including but not limited to trainings, games, tournaments, championships
- Libraries, Archives and Museums and other Cultural Activities
- Gambling and betting activities
- Travel Agency, tour operator, reservation service and related activities
- Activities of Membership Organizations
All other sectors, industries and businesses not mentioned above are allowed full, partial and work from home scheme depending on the nature of the activity. These industries are largely in the agriculture sector and food and beverage manufacturing.
Based on the list above, we can see that the tourism industry is primarily affected by COVID19 and the new normal will define the future of the tourism sector. The way we travel is greatly affected by the pandemic and shall remain to be restricted in the absence of a vaccine. Looks like no more travel schedules until 2021?