As of August 6, 2020
There are 3 ways to apply for a New Zealand Tourist Visa: counter application, courier application and online application. I will discuss online application.
NEW ZEALAND VISA APPLICATION ONLINE GUIDE
The online application is similar to Australia Visa Online Application. The difference is, in New Zealand Visa application, original passport is required to be submitted to VFS Center.
- Create an Account here. Make sure you have a valid email address and cell phone number.
- Check your email and verify. Make sure to do this process within 2 weeks as the link expires after 14 days.
- Once you have verified your email address, start answering all the questions. You do not need to answer them all at once. You can save and be back again later.
- The online application can be completed not necessarily following the order of pages after the first 2 pages.
- Upload all documents in your online application including your ID photo (preferably passport size or 2 x 2, white back ground, neutral face). Documents must be .pdf file and photo must be .jpg file. Make sure to prepare your documents properly.
- You can always change your answers provided it’s not yet submitted.
NEW ZEALAND VISA REQUIREMENTS to be uploaded online
- Passport size ID picture – white background and neutral face. Upload in .jpg file
- Passport bio page – the page with your personal information. This will support your “Identity.” Upload in .pdf file
- All pages of your passport with visas and immigration stamps – this will support your “Genuine Intentions” of visiting New Zealand. You get better chances of having your application approved if you have Australian Visa already. Note that all your previous/valid visas and other immigration stamps should only be in 1 file. Do not upload separately per visa. Upload in .pdf file
- NBI clearance – must not be more than 6 months and valid for travel aboard. This will support your “Character.” Upload in .pdf file
- Evidence of sufficient funds – this will support your “Funds.” Make sure that all documents are in 1 file and upload everything in a single file. Include the following as proof of Sufficient Funds:
- Bank Certificate – amount must be 32,000/month (1000 NZD/montht) of stay. The higher the better. At the very least, do not provide a Bank certificate with less than a hundred thousand pesos.
- Bank Statement for the past 6 months
- CONFIRMED ticket. Yes, you read it right. Confirmed ticket. Not reservation only. Hence, ensure that your other documents are sufficient enough to get you a visa. Otherwise, you’ll waste your ticket. It’s very risky but that’s the requirement
- CONFIRMED hotel reservation. Like your air ticket, your hotel must also be confirmed. Attach your Hotel voucher.
- Detailed day to day itinerary
- Employment certificate of business documents
- BIR forms and proofs of tax payments
- Credit card statements, if any
- Affidavit of support and financial documents of the person executing the affidavit, if someone is paying for your expenses.
6. Once you have uploaded everything, and reach “Thank You” part, it means the end of the online application process.
7. Check your email for instructions on how to send your passport and the printed confirmation.
NEW ZEALAND APPLICATION CENTERS IN THE PHILIPPINES
VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc.,
Mezzanine Floor Unit M01, Ecoplaza Building,
2305 Chino Roces Avenue Extension Makati City, Metro Manila 1231
Office hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc.,
9th Floor, Keppel Center, Unit 905, Samar Loop
Cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue,
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000
Office hours: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Visa is free provided your stay is less than 59 days. However, handling fees and courier fees will be charged by VFS and your travel agent. It is always better to get the services of a professional travel agency because they can make the necessary assessment and help in preparing your right documents. You get better chances of getting your application approved if you’re doing and submitting the right thing. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for visa assistance.
- Processing time may take up to 1 month if it’s your first time to travel to New Zealand. However, if you have travelled before and have been to other OECD countries, processing time will only take 5 days or less.
- You will receive an email, call or text once your passport is ready for pick up at VFS. Pick up can only be done 2-4PM, Mondays to Fridays.
- Plan ahead of time and consult a professional travel agent since New Zealand visa application is a bit different compared to other countries.
- Visit New Zealand together with Australia in one go. You may also include
- Make sure you have sufficient funds.
As of July 28, 2014
Since New Zealand is geographically close to Australia, I have decided to visit the Land of the Kiwis on my trip to the Land Down Under. Like in Australia, Filipinos are required to obtain a visa prior to arrival. I applied for New Zealand Tourist Visa after I have been given a Visa Grant Notice by the Australian Embassy in Manila. I have read in several blog posts that securing a New Zealand Visa is easier if one is already granted an Australian Visa.
REQUIREMENTS WHEN APPLYING FOR NEW ZEALAND TOURIST VISA
1. Duly accomplished Application Form INZ 1017.
2. Original and valid passport
3. Confirmed and paid ticket out of New Zealand to a country where one has a right to stay. Meaning, whether or not the Embassy will grant or deny an applicant a visa, the ticket to be presented must be valid and not a mere reservation. Hence, it’s a risk an applicant has to take. The confirmed ticket I presented is Sydney – Auckland – Gold Coast – Manila.
4. Proof of financial capacity, like bank certificate and recent credit card statements that you have 1,000 New Zealand Dollars per month of stay (roughly 37,000.00). Of course, it is better to submit a financial document higher than they require. I submitted a bank certificate from BDO 10x higher than their monthly requirement
5. Confirmed Hotel booking
6. ID picture for New Zealand Visa
7. Secondary requirement (though not necessarily required but can be submitted to support said application are the following: work related papers such as certificates of employment, leave, and salary (for employed applicants) and business documents such as DTI/SEC, BIR, Mayor’s Permit for self-employed applicants
8. Over and above these requirements, an applicant must be in good health, in good character, fits the purpose of coming to New Zealand and a bonafide temporary visitor.
Enclosed all original documents plus one photocopy in a long brown envelop and send to:
New Zealand Visa Information and Application Center
3rd Floor, Allegro Center
2284 Chino Roces Extension
Makati City, Metro Manila 1231
02 845 9222
Visa is free if intended stay is 59 days or less. If more than 59 days, 5,800.00 will be paid by the applicant. Their official processing partner charges a fee of 1,000.00 to be paid in the form of Manager’s Cheque payable to ‘PIASI’. A 300.00 will be charged for pick-up and delivery services to be paid directly to Air21. Before submitting, call first PIASI as they will schedule when will Air21 pick up the documents. Processing time is not less than 15 working days. A text message and email will be sent by the embassy once they receive the papers. They will also conduct interview over the phone so make sure to answer your phones. They called me in the landline I gave on a holiday.
In the phone interview, the lady who called asked the following:
1.Length of my stay
2. Places I wanted to visit and why
3. Why New Zealand
4. What is my work and other personal circumstances
5. Who will pay for my trip
6. What countries I have visited in the last 2 years. I was asked if I have been to Africa.
The phone interview lasted for about 3 minutes. After the interview, the lady told me that I just have to wait for my passport. Two days after, I already got my passport with visa label on it. All other documents I submitted were not returned.
After 5 days, I received an email asking me to answer their Survey Form. I gave them a good remarks.