Since New Zealand is geographically close to Australia, I have decided to visit the Land of the Kiwis on my trip to the Land Down Under. Like in Australia, Filipinos are required to obtain a visa prior to arrival. I applied for New Zealand Tourist Visa after I have been given a Visa Grant Notice by the Australian Embassy in Manila. I have read in several blog posts that securing a New Zealand Visa is easier if one is already granted an Australian Visa.
REQUIREMENTS WHEN APPLYING FOR NEW ZEALAND TOURIST VISA
1. Duly accomplished Application Form INZ 1017.
2. Original and valid passport
3. Confirmed and paid ticket out of New Zealand to a country where one has a right to stay. Meaning, whether or not the Embassy will grant or deny an applicant a visa, the ticket to be presented must be valid and not a mere reservation. Hence, it’s a risk an applicant has to take. The confirmed ticket I presented is Sydney – Auckland – Gold Coast – Manila.
4. Proof of financial capacity, like bank certificate and recent credit card statements that you have 1,000 New Zealand Dollars per month of stay (roughly 37,000.00). Of course, it is better to submit a financial document higher than they require. I submitted a bank certificate from BDO 10x higher than their monthly requirement
5. Confirmed Hotel booking
6. ID picture for New Zealand Visa
7. Secondary requirement (though not necessarily required but can be submitted to support said application are the following: work related papers such as certificates of employment, leave, and salary (for employed applicants) and business documents such as DTI/SEC, BIR, Mayor’s Permit for self-employed applicants
Enclosed all original documents plus one photocopy in a long brown envelop and send to:
New Zealand Visa Information and Application Center
3rd Floor, Allegro Center
2284 Chino Roces Extension
Makati City, Metro Manila 1231
02 845 9222
Visa is free if intended stay is 59 days or less. If more than 59 days, 5,800.00 will be paid by the applicant. Their official processing partner charges a fee of 1,000.00 to be paid in the form of Manager’s Cheque payable to ‘PIASI’. A 300.00 will be charged for pick-up and delivery services to be paid directly to Air21. Before submitting, call first PIASI as they will schedule when will Air21 pick up the documents. Processing time is not less than 15 working days. A text message and email will be sent by the embassy once they receive the papers. They will also conduct interview over the phone so make sure to answer your phones. They called me in the landline I gave on a holiday.
In the phone interview, the lady who called asked the following:
1.Length of my stay
2. Places I wanted to visit and why
3. Why New Zealand
4. What is my work and other personal circumstances
5. Who will pay for my trip
6. What countries I have visited in the last 2 years. I was asked if I have been to Africa.
The phone interview lasted for about 3 minutes. After the interview, the lady told me that I just have to wait for my passport. Two days after, I already got my passport with visa label on it. All other documents I submitted were not returned.
After 5 days, I received an email asking me to answer their Survey Form. I gave them a good remarks.